April 8, 2020 in PRESS RELEASES
APL LOGISTICS GLOBAL RESPONSE TO COVID-19
For Immediate Release
APL LOGISTICS GLOBAL RESPONSE TO COVID-19 – SPANNING FIVE CONTINENTS
April 8, 2020
Scottsdale, Arizona and Singapore –
Dear Colleagues and Valued Customers,
I want to take a moment to outline APL Logistics’ response to the COVID-19 pandemic and our processes for handling confirmed or suspected cases at our facilities, on a Global basis.
Around the world APL Logistics employees are working together to keep our customers’ products and services moving against the extraordinary backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic. Where allowed by authorities, all of APL Logistics sites remain open. Globally, and where possible, APL Logistics employees are working remotely and without issue due to the early activation of our corporate BCP (Business Continuity Planning) process in January of 2020.
Further, APL Logistics has moved quickly and efficiently to introduce processes and technologies to monitor and safeguard employee health worldwide using the guidance provided by the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control, and various local authorities around the world.
In early March, APL Logistics created and distributed comprehensive guidance on how employees and their families can guard against COVID-19. This information included flyers, information sheets, and FAQs published in multiple languages.
Preventative measures are in place, including:
- Signage to explain social distancing requirements.
- Placement of walls and other barriers in lunchrooms and other common areas.
- Where allowed, temperature checks for every employee at the beginning of each shift.
- Distribution of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where available. APL Logistics began securing this material in January, but it has since become difficult to source globally.
When an employee is diagnosed, or suspected of contracting COVID-19, the following process occurs:
- Employees, who have been in direct contact with the infected or suspected infected individual, are notified directly by APL Logistics HR.
- All other employees in the facility are notified via email that an event has occurred, and advised on steps APL Logistics is taking to make the facility safe.
- The facility is immediately closed and a professional cleaning contractor specializing in viral and/or bacterial infection cleaning is engaged to thoroughly clean and disinfect the facility in question.
- ‘Return to work request’ issued only after a professional cleaning company has cleaned the facility.
- All facility cleaning is in compliance with CDC and local authority guidelines.
- APL Logistics works closely with county, state and federal officials on the notification and tracking of COVID-19 cases at any of its facilities.
APL Logistics is proactive in addressing COVID-19 and we will continue to act in the best interests of our employees and customers. I want to thank everyone at APL Logistics involved in our COVID-19 response efforts, as well as our customers as we continue to work together in a very challenging time.
President, APL Logistics
Thad Bedard, APL Logistics
PH: 503-708-7097 │ Thad_Bedard@apllogistics.com
About APL Logistics
APL Logistics is the go-to global supply chain specialist for companies in the Automotive, Consumer, Industrials, and Retail sectors. The APL Logistics group of companies has a global network covering all major markets and is backed by a multinational workforce of over 6,800 people. APL Logistics Ltd is a member of the Kintetsu World Express group, a global logistics services provider. For more information, www.apllogistics.com or email us at email@example.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.